Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Reading Program - Week 8

The last week! I had originally been scheduled to miss one day this week for a vacation in Colorado (and my birthday). But life likes to throw us curve balls, and we had to rush back to our home town in New York because of a death in the family. As a result, I missed most of the last week of SRP, so the details below are second hand. But I made it back to Texas in time for the last day of the program!

Reading Program
This week's prize was...

A book!

We had several different titles of varying reading levels available for the children to choose from. This is always their favorite week, and they're always so excited to start going through our selection.

Storytimes
Though my substitutes had little time to prepare, they both did wonderful storytimes. I'm very lucky to be in a system with enough children's librarians to help out in a time of need.

Program
This week's presenter was a magician! We had a good turn out, and I'm sorry I didn't get to see his cool tricks.

Sea How Much...
No picture this week, but we ended our program with 20370 books and hours read. Wow! This year's group went above and beyond last year's record. So proud!

1 comment:

  1. in Colorado (and my birthday). But life likes to throw us curve balls, and we had to rush back to our home town in New love language test York because of a death in the family. As a result, I missed most of the last week of SRP, so the details below are second hand. But I made it back to Texas in time for the last day of the program!

    ReplyDelete