Monday, March 3, 2014

Wee Read - My Body

Early Literacy Tip of the Week:
Babies who are responded to quickly learn to trust their caregivers and environment. A way to respond is to “say back” a noise your baby makes. --KT Paxton

Good Morning

Hello, How are You?

Jump, Jump
--Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.

Open Shut Them

Book One
Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault

Roll Your Scarf
--Mother Goose on the Loose by Betsy Diamant-Cohen. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc., 2006.

Wave Your Scarf
Use scarves
Wave your scarf, one, two, three
Wave your scarf, just like me!
(repeat with roll and throw)
--Adapted by Miss Mollie. Originally from Lapsit Services for the Very Young II by Linda L. Ernst. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc, 2001.

Peek-a-Boo
(can be used with scarves)
Tune: Are You Sleeping?
Peek-a-boo, peek-a-boo
I see you, I see you
I see your button nose,
I see your tiny toes.
Peek-a-boo, I see you!

Wind, Oh Wind
-- Mother Goose on the Loose by Betsy Diamant-Cohen. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc., 2006.

I Wiggle My Fingers

Book Two
A Kiss Means I Love You by Kathryn Madeline Allen

Clap Hands, Clap Hands
--from Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.


Rickety, Rickety Rocking Horse
-- Babies in the Library by Jane Marino. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2003.

Read Together

The More We Get Together

No comments:

Post a Comment